Training and Technical Assistance
To request technical assistance from MCSR, email us.
Men Can Stop Rape has provided technical assistance (TA) to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the White House, the National Basketball Association (NBA), the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), Major League Soccer (MLS), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the U.S. Department of State, the United Nations, private corporations, and countless college campuses, community organizations, and state institutions.
For more than a decade, MCSR has also served as a federal TA provider, supporting grantees in the Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women and the Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health. We have provided TA to the Department of Defense, co-authoring a sexual assault prevention strategy for all the military Service Branches.
As a result, MCSR is able to provide experienced and in depth TA for any agency, school, organization, or institution desiring it.
EXAMPLES OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE STRATEGIES
These are examples of strategies MCSR can employ to provide technical assistance.
· Healthy Masculinity TA Bundles (described in more detail below)
· Skill building one-on-one phone calls
· Skill building conference calls with key groups
· Reviews of strategic plans
· Reviews of a healthy masculinity campaign and educational materials
· Reviews of healthy masculinity programming and curriculum
EXAMPLES OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TOPICS
These are examples of TA topics that MCSR can provide.
· Conducting healthy masculinity focus groups
· Describing what healthy masculinity looks like
· Building skills to more effectively engage men and boys through healthy masculinity